About

The blog posts make comment on the Learning 2.0 program and should be useful to share with other library staff.
lossy n. 1 pseudonymous name. 2 adj. a multimedia data compression technique which produces a much smaller file by eliminating unnecessary information.

Friday 4 April 2008

Week 6: Videos online

Like most of my learning about new web technologies it has been accidental or as a result of a younger generation joining in social networking and sharing their lives with each other and infrequently with me. Recently I have been fortunate to learn through being engaged in university study and professional training. This is the way to go. Stunned and amazed was the reaction when YouTube was first demonstrated to me. Reluctant learners were fanatically engrossed in organising and producing videos for sheer entertainment value. Another dimension was revealed when I had to access Google videos for training modules. Now I am thinking that motivational clips like Daniel Vettori @ Your Library might be useful to help promote our libraries.

No comments: